“…one student had never spoken until our program. You can make a difference by combining theatre & education.” — Alison Shetter
Take a dramatic approach to your subjects with our innovative Dramatic Learning™ program. Tailored to enrich or supplement the basic curricula for any grade level, we apply the dramatic arts in an interactive way. Contact us at 303.893.6006 to schedule Dramatic Learning™ for your school.
Dramatic Learning™ is designed to meet Colorado Model Content Standards. Sessions may be held in your classroom or off-site in our educational facility and include an overview, warm-up and clean-up time. Costs cover 30 participants (though more students may participate for an additional fee) and a certified teacher. Dramatic Learning™:
- integrates the arts into your curriculum through active student involvement
- helps students discover principles in math, science, social studies, language arts and health
- shows your students how the arts express a wide range of human experiences and encourages them to make connections to their own cultural heritages
- incorporates problem solving, critical and imaginative thinking while applying to multiple learning styles
Stage 1: Workshop
Prices start at $75 per workshop*
One 45- to 60-minute individual workshop tailored or chosen from pre-existing topics. Up to five workshops can be scheduled per day.
Stage 2: Package
Prices start at $150*
Three to five consecutive (45- to 60-minute) classroom workshops on these topics:
- Colorado History
- Civil Rights
- Historical Biography
- Animal Classification
- Water Cycle
- Digestive System
- Page to Stage (Literacy)
- Introduction to the TCAP (3rd grade only)
- Introduction to Shakespeare
Stage 3: Multi-day residency
Prices start at $250*
For a more in-depth experience, we offer five or more 45- to 60-minute workshops on a subject that meets your needs. Guidance and planning time of a participating classroom teacher is essential and residencies often end with a culminating activity.
Stage 4: Professional Development Partnership
Prices start at $100*
Integrate Dramatic Learning™ into your teaching style by teaming with our instructors to research, develop and teach the curriculum of your choice. We’ll join you for eight or more 45- to 60-minute sessions and, depending on the length of the partnership, you may be eligible to receive two renewal credits through the Colorado Department of Education. Prerequisite: Stage 2 or 3 (above).
* Design workshops may incur additional costs for materials.