The Denver Center Theatre Company, a division of the Denver Center for Performing Arts is accepting applicants for the position of Scenic Design Assistant for the 2014-15 Production Season, beginning July 2014. General responsibilities include:
- AutoCAD drafting, scale model building and graphic design as required for the scene design process
- Provide the Scenic Designer with artistic research, renderings, materials selection as needed
- Serve as liaison to the Scenic Designer
- Oversee the communication of artistic information to all production departments and maintain quality control of scenic elements for productions of the Denver Center Theatre Company
- Create graphic documents (using Photoshop and other graphic programs)
- Attend technical rehearsals as necessary
- Assist Scenic Designer with media projections as needed
- Assist where possible and when necessary with the painting and finishing of props, scenery and technical effects
MFA in theatrical design preferred. Professional theatrical experience required. Ability to draft (AutoCAD and hand drafting), read & interpret blueprints. Proficiency with AutoCAD drafting program, 2 years minimum experience
Experience working with and assisting theatrical scene designers. Ability to collaborate with designers and directors; communicate artistic concepts and ideas through verbal, written and traditional artistic mediums. Computer experience: AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Creative Suite; graphics programs. Strong sense of spatial and proportional relationships and mechanical aptitude. This is a self-directed position that requires artistic aptitude, organizational and communication skills
This is a full-time position during the Production Season, July 2014 through March 2015, reporting to the Director of Scene Design. Submit resume via email to:
email@example.com by Friday May 2, 2014.
No Phone Calls Please.
The Denver Center for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.